Primary practice areas: bankruptcy litigation, commercial litigation, and real estate litigation
Appeared as lead trial counsel in matters pending before state and federal courts in California, Texas, and Louisiana, both in jury and non-jury matters, and in arbitrations.
- Achieved Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory=s highest AV rating for individual lawyers.
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas Bar, 1978; Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1989. [To become Board Certified, Mr. Altman was required to have completed a sufficient number of trials to convince the Board of his experience, including a minimum number of days in jury trials. The Texas Board of Legal Specialization also contacted numerous judges and opposing counsel regarding Mr. Altman=s competence and ethics. After advancing beyond those stages, Mr. Altman became eligible to take the written examination and then to become Board Certified in Civil Trial Law.]
- National litigation manager for a subsidiary of Banc One Corporation (1991 to 1995).
- Admitted to California Bar in 1993.
- Partner, Baskin & Novakov, PC (Dallas, Texas)
- Partner, Cummins & White, LLP (Los Angeles)
- Partner, Altman, Otto & Kong, LLP (Long Beach)
- Partner, Haberbush & Associates, LLP (Long Beach)
- International City Theatre Board of Directors (2005 to present)
- State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee, District 6
- Vice-Chairperson, State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee, District 6
- Rolling Hills Tennis Club (President)
- Toastmasters International (former President, Bay Cities Toastmasters; Area Governor,
- Toastmasters International; Distinguished Toastmaster)
- An Overview of Evidentiary Privileges as Encountered by In-House Counsel,@ Corporate
- Counsel Section Reporter (State Bar of Texas)
- The Use of Involuntary Bankruptcy as a Tool in Collection Matters,@ Controller magazine,
- Collector magazine, and CPA Litigation Service Counselor.
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A. 1974).
- The University of Texas (J.D. 1978)
- Co-Champion, University of Texas National Mock Trial Team
- National Order of Barristers